Today we’re going to talk about the Hawaiian Airlines 35,000 bonus miles credit card, a.k.a the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard, now being issued by Barclays, which is now offering 35,000 bonus miles after spending just $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. Many airline card with comparable bonuses require a $3,000 spend, so that makes this card a great option for racking up some quick and easy miles in preparation for a summer trip to Hawaii. The card also entitles users to a complimentary 1st checked bag, and a one-time 50 percent off companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
35,000 miles works out to enough for a free round trip flight to Hawaii — a ticket that can easily cost up to or even north of $500. The card does have an annual fee of $89 that’s no waived for the first year, so you’ll want to subtract that from the ~$750 in savings you’ll get right off the bat with this card.
- Apply Here: Hawaiian Airlines 35,000 Bonus Miles Credit Card
There are no blackout dates for award travel booking and no foreign transaction fees on purchases, both winning attributes of any travel or airline credit card.
Cardmembers also earn 2X miles on purchases with Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases.
Another great feature on this card is the inclusion of the new smart chip technology, which makes using the card much more secure when merchants accept chip payment, something that is going to become much more common in the coming years, especially after recent security breaches like the one at Target stores in late 2013.
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend just $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Enjoy a complimentary 1st checked bag for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time 50% off a companion discount on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines at each account anniversary
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
Using Hawaiian Airlines Miles
Of course, in addition to getting to and from Hawaii, you can also use your Hawaiian Airlines miles to travel other place, such as Australia, Japan, Tahiti — even New York. Check out the map below and click on it for an interactive guide to using your miles.
- How To Get Two Roundtrip Frontier Flights for $69
- Score $440 In Free Travel With Barclaycard Arrival
- 5% Cash Back & No Interest With Discover It Card
More from Around the Web:
- 2013 Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card Review | CreditCardForum
- Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World MasterCard 35,000 Mile Sign-up Bonus (~Transfer to 70,000 Hilton Points) | The Well Traveled Mile
- New Hawaiian Airlines Card Sign-Up Bonus & Benefits | One Mile At A Time
- 35,000 Miles Hawaiian Air Cards Are Back! | Million Mile Secrets
- Barclays Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard Review | Hustler Money Blog
- Credit Card Review: Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines Elite World Mastercard | The Points Guy